Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What NOT to do when giving a speech...

I love watching CNN's political coverage because they have this knack of breaking down Barney-style the ins and outs of running a legitimate campaign. Nevermind that CNN is part of the gaggle of liberal media outlets who are in bed with the President. I just like their coverage.

What I was particulary fond of tonight was the analysis after Newt Gingrich's speech in his home state of Georgia, which he won decisively. The name of the analyst slips my mind, but he made a great observation. He said that Gingrich's speech was an example of what not to do when running a campaign. His mistake: portraying himself in a much more signficant light than the voters.

For example, Gingrich noted that he was Speaker of the House during his congressional career. He also noted a slew of other "accomplishments" but failed once to acknowledge the voter as valuable. It was about "I did this" and "I did that".

Barack Obama's campaign did the exact opposite. His message of "Yes We Can" and underlying rhetoric that "we are the change we've been waiting for" gained him the nomination and, eventually, the presidency. We - not I. It's that simple.

So what does this mean for Gingrich? I don't know. Whether it will have any affect on voters will remain to be seen. But it is a very interesting observation. I suppose that's why I so adamantly support Ron Paul. He's a guy that continues to remind me that the message of liberty cannot be spread without me; without others. He seems to truly value my vote and my support. He gives me a reason. A reason to be energized; to type this blog (despite lack of readers); to become enraged at the status quo; to scold American voters for settling for less when we can fight for more. At a time when America's future is threatened, we need a leader; not a puppet. We need a motivator; not a discourager. We need an innovator; not a stagnator. Finally, we need a president; not a clown.

Whoevers message it may be that gets your adrenaline pumping, go out in full force, ready and willing to kick down doors to persuade others about your support for candidate. Let your voice be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment